September 16, 2023
Downtown Blue Ridge sets the stage as a fantastic back drop and venue location for a perfect early fall event. The leaves start to change with cooler days and crisp evenings that invite outdoor activities! The sounds of Blues music and the sweet smell of BBQ from local and regional cookers will fill the air as families and groups of friends enjoy this unique setting and event.
$10 Admission, 12 & under FREE
A portion of all net proceeds will benefit
Schedule of Events:
Thursday September 9/14/23
5:30 – 7:30 PM
The official kick off party for the Blue Ridge Blues Weekend
Free Food and Beverage
Fannin County Chamber of Commerce
Business After Hours
Smokin E’s BBQ & Tipping Point Brewery
322 W. Main St – Blue Ridge, GA 30513
Train Ride & Block Party
Fully Catered Meal & Drinks
Food Catered by Angel Fire 7 BBQ
2023 Kiwanis Blues Train
At the Blue Ridge Scenic Train Depot, Downtown Blue Ridge, GA
2023 Blue Ridge Blues & BBQ Festival
Gates Open at 11:30 AM
Music Starts at 12:00 PM
Live Music from 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM
$10 at Gate. Children under 12 Free
400 W. Main St – Blue Ridge, GA 30513
Directions to the BRLA Blues and BBQ Festival from Metro Atlanta and Atlanta International Airport Terminal:
- Take I-75 North.
- Merge on to I-575 North (Canton).
- I-575 becomes Hwy 515 at the Georgia Mountain Parkway at the Cherokee – Pickens County border (Ball Ground).
- Continue on Hwy 515 for 55 miles to Blue Ridge.
- Turn Right at the Burger King restaurant.
- Turn right on West Main Street.
Parking is available throughout Downtown Blue Ridge and Festival is located at the corner of West Main and Church Street.
Parking for Event:
Due to the Extreme Popularity of this event we have added some more
locations for parking this year. Parking will be $5.00 at these locations. The monies raised will go towards donations to local children’s charities. There will be a FREE & COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLE SERVICE that will operate from 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM running to and from the festival to both parking lots.
12th Annual Blues & BBQ Musical Lineup.
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM : Breaking Point Band
- 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM : Frankie’s Blues Mission
- 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM : The Crossroads Band
- 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM : William “Blues Man” Reed & the Juke Joint Dukes
- 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM : Dewayne Dopsie & The Zydeco Hellraisers
Garrett Collins with Harp legend Bennie Mobley – Atlanta
Frankie’s Blues Mission – Atlanta
Men in Blues – Atlanta
Crossroads Band – Macon
Chris O’Leary Band
Welcome to the Blue Ridge Blues & BBQ Festival volunteer page!
Thank you for joining us for what is sure to be another amazing day of fun. We appreciate you giving us a few hours to help raise money for our community!
We’ve simplified some things this year, which will decrease the number of volunteers needed, help the entrance gates be more efficient, and make the event more pleasant for everyone. Here are a few updates:
- We are pre-selling tickets through Eventbright, which will speed up the lines at all gates.
- Gates will now accept credit cards. While we know that credit cards can slow things down, this will help with cash pick-ups and calls for $5s. We will still have an ATM on site and credit cards will be accepted through a special lane at the gates so others can breeze in.
This year the Blues Ridge Blues & BBQ festival is raising money for several community and children’s organizations for those in need in Fannin County. The festival will be supporting the following charities: Snack in A Backpack, Fannin County Children’s Fund, Shop with A Cop, Habitat For Humanity, The Ferst Foundation, and North Georgia Mountain Crisis Network. Proceeds from the 2023 Blues & BBQ Festival will be directly involved with helping the needs of our local community.
Blues & BBQ Volunteers: 2023 Blues & BBQ Festival Volunteer Sign Up (signupgenius.com)
ALL volunteers receive the following:
- FREE Entry into Festival
- FREE T-Shirt
- FREE Meal
- Benefit the Community You Love!